Potato Pancakes are a favourite with kids, this is nice and easy, cheap and delicious! Grown ups will love them too! They make a delicious snack on their own, or are a good accompaniment for roasts with gravy (as an alternative to baked potatoes).
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 3 Potatoes peeled and grated
- 2 Eggs
- 4 tbsp Breadcrumbs (packaged not fresh)
- Squeeze all the moisture out of the grated potatoes and discard the liquid.
- Place in a bowl with the breadcrumbs and lightly beaten eggs.
- Mix well to combine.
- In a heavy frypan heat a little canola oil until hot.
- Drop in spoonfuls of the mixture and press flat.
- Cook until golden on both sides.
- Serve the hot potato cakes with sour cream.