|Receive SAHM articles like this Daily|
|Receive SAHM articles like this Weekly|
At first glance pumpkin in a smoothie seems kinda crazy, until you try this Powerhouse Pumpkin Chia Smoothie, this is pretty much everything it’s hyped up to be. It’s a great idea for taking full advantage of pumpkins when they’re on special, and the perfect way to use up some of the flesh of those big roasted pumpkins.
Why pumpkins? Well they’re a really good source of dietary fibre, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6 and iron, as well as being rich in antioxidants, vitamins A, E and C. Winner!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 cup Roasted Pumpkin
- 1 tbsp Honey Or Maple Syrup more or less to taste
- 1/2 Banana ripe or frozen if desired
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 3 1/2 cups Milk or any plant milk of your choice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth, making sure that your pumpkin flesh is totally cooled prior to going in the blender.
- Sprinkle some extra cinnamon or a few pumpkin seeds on top as garnish.
- Drink straight away.