Prawn and Crab Cheese mini quiches is something a little extra special to make. So scrumptious that people will be begging you for more.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Process the flour and butter for 15 seconds, or until crumbly.
- Add the egg yolks and 3-4 tablespoons of water.
- Process in short bursts until the mixture comes together.
- Add a little extra water, if needed.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and gather into a ball.
- Cover the pastry with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Grease eight 3cm (1 1/4 inch) deep loose-based flan tins, measuring 8 cm (3 inches) across the base.
- Divide pastry into 8 equal pieces and roll out so they are large enough to fit and overlap the tins.
- Fit the pastry into the tins and trim off any excess using a sharp knife.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- Blind bake for 10 minutes, then remove your paper and weights and bake for a further 10 minutes.
- To make the filling, place crabmeat, spring onions, beaten eggs, cream, cheese, chopped dill and lemon rind in an bowl.
- Divide the prawns between the pastry shells.
- The crab mixture will be quite thick, so use a fork to help spread it over the prawns.
- Bake quiches for 15-20 minutes, or until the filling is golden brown.