Sounds odd, huh? But my Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Loaf is moist, tasty and delicious.
Serve warm with a slab of butter.
A great cake to serve at Halloween (if you’re into that) and definitely a healthier option than all of those lollies your kids will bring home if they plan on making the trick or treating rounds this year. Enjoy!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 1/2 cups Pumpkin mashed
- 2 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
- 250 grams Butter (room temperature)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 cup Small Chocolate Buttons
- 1/2 cup Apple Juice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Grease a loaf tin well with canola oil and line the bottom with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Using electric beaters, cream the butter and caster sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Sift the flour twice together with the cinnamon.
- Using a large metal spoon, add the flour and cinnamon mix a little at a time and fold into the mix alternatively with spoonfuls of the mashed potato.
- Add the chocolate buttons and apple juice.
- Pour into the cake tin and smooth over the top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until your skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning the pumpkin and chocolate chip loaf out onto a wire rack to cool.