Raw No Bake Lime Cheesecake
This Raw No Bake Lime Cheesecake is also vegan. Just remember that you have to soak the cashews either overnight or for eight hours first. That’s the key with most great vegan or vegetarian recipes – they take a long time because many of the ingredients need to be soaked first. This recipe was submitted by Cassey Butterfield (thanks Cassey) who has sent us a few dozen fantastic recipes in the past that always turn out totally delectable!
You can keep this Raw No Bake Lime Cheesecake in the freezer until thirty minutes before serving. So it would be just lovely on a hot summer’s day – totally refreshing and delicious!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
How to Make Raw No Bake Lime Cheesecake:
- Place the raw cashews into a jug and fill with fresh tap water. Cover and soak overnight (or 8 hours)
- Remove the pips from the Medjool Dates and cut them into quarters. Place the dates into a jug and fill with hot top water. Allow to steep for 30 minutes before draining.
- Place the dates, almonds and desiccated coconut into the food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles a paste.
- Pour the mixture into a 8 inch Springform pan that has been lined with baking paper and greased well. Press the mixture down with the bottom of a glass so that it is compacted and even. Place this base in the fridge to set.
- Next drain the cashews and rinse them well. Place them into a food processor with the fresh lime juice and zest, the coconut oil, coconut milk and maple syrup. Process until well combined and the mixture is light and creamy.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the base and freeze.
- To serve, remove from the freezer 30 minutes before, cut into slices and serve.