If you’re a fan of both custard and chocolate ice cream, then you’ll definitely fall in love with Rich Chocolate Custard Ice Cream. You will need an ice cream maker for this recipe, but it’s absolutely worth it. Amazing texture, stunning…
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 1/2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3 Egg Yolk lightly beaten
- 80 grams Dark Chocolate chopped
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 cups Thickened Cream
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix the sugar, milk and cocoa powder. Use a whisk to combine these ingredients, and bring to a simmer.
- In a small bowl, place the lightly beaten egg yolks.
- Very gradually, stir through 1/2 cup of the hot liquid to bring the yolks up to heat. Then add this yolk mixture back into the saucepan. Heat until thick, but do not boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir through the chopped chocolate until it is melted. Pour this into a chilled bowl and pop in the fridge for about 2 hours until cold. You can stir it occasionally during this time.
- Once the chocolate mixture is completely cooled, stir through the thickened cream, chocolate chips, and the vanilla essence. Pour this into your ice cream maker, and freeze according to the directions for your maker.
- Top with nuts or pretty much anything else you want.
- Serve and prepare to have your life changed.