Rich Sausage and Gravy Casserole is the perfect rich casserole to enjoy with creamy mashed potato on a cold winter night. I used to make this recipe all the time before I had children. In fact, I started cooking it…
Rich Sausage and Gravy Casserole is the perfect rich casserole to enjoy with creamy mashed potato on a cold winter night.
I used to make this recipe all the time before I had children.
In fact, I started cooking it as a teenager! It’s been such a long time since I have cooked it so I think it’s high time I dust it off and give it new life!
This recipe is freezer friendly, too!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 8 Pork Or Chicken Sausages
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Brown Onion sliced
- 1 Carrot medium-sized, grated
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Pack Maggi Ragout Sauce Mix
- 1 Salt And Pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- 1 bunch Parsley
- 3 Cloves Of Garlic crushed
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Brown the sausages over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil then cut into pieces.
- Add more olive oil to the pan and sauté onions and carrots over low heat with a big pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and sauté until fragment.
- Add paprika and tomato paste, cook, stirring for a few minutes.
- Combine ragout mix with boiling water and add to pan and stir.
- Return sausages, stir to combine and pop on a lid.
- Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Throw over some fresh parsley and serve with mashed potatoes.