Have a super dinner with this nutritious and satisfying summer Roasted Sweet Potato and Kale Salad. Sweet potato is not only low-GI, but tastes superb roasted, especially when it’s coated in a smoky spice mix, while kale is packed full of fibre. This delicious main-course salad will leave you feeling full and fabulous!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Sweet Potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 40 grams Silvered Almonds
- 40 grams Pepitas
- 300 grams Kale
- 1/2 cup Pitted Dates
- 2 Lemon
- 50 grams Goats Cheese
- Preheat oven to 220C. Line 2 large oven trays with baking paper. Cut sweet potato into 2cm chunks. Combine 1 tbs oil, spice mix, and sea salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add potato, toss to coat, then place in a single layer on one tray. Roast for 30 mins or until golden and tender, turning halfway through.
- Meanwhile, place almonds and pepitas on a separate oven tray and roast for 3-5 mins until golden and fragrant. Remove and set aside.
- Cut the dates into 1cm chunks.
- Tear kale into bite-size pieces, discarding stems, and place in a large bowl. Toss with 1 tbs oil and season with sea salt and pepper. When sweet potatoes have about 8 mins left, place kale on a tray and roast in oven until wilted and crispy in parts.
- Finely grate the lemon zest into a bowl. Juice the lemon (half for 2P) into the same bowl. Add 1 tbs oil and season with sea salt and pepper, whisking to combine. Cut remaining lemon into wedges.
- Divide kale, dates and warm sweet potato among plates. Sprinkle over the nuts and seeds and spoon over the goat’s curd. Serve with lemon wedges and drizzle with the dressing.