Salt and Pepper Calamari goes well for lunch with a yummy salad or as an entree with some Tartare Sauce.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Ground White Pepper
- Canola Oil
- 1 cup Cornflour
- 1 kg Calamari tubes sliced into rings
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Ground White Pepper
- 2 Egg Whites
- 2 small Chillies (optional)
- 500 ml Canola Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl combine the cornflour, salt and pepper and chili.
- Dip the calamari into the egg white mixture and flour in the cornflour mixture until coated.
- Heat the canola oil in a heavy based saucepan until a small piece of bread browns in about 15 seconds.
- Cook the calamari in small batches for 1 to two minutes each batch.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot with lemon and a fresh garden salad.