Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Kg Or 1000 Gram Calamari tubes sliced into rings
- 1 Tsp Salt Add .5 tsp or more according to your preference
- 1 500 Millilitre Canola Oil for deep frying
- 2 Chillies optional
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 tbsp Ground White Pepper
- 1 cup Cornflour
- In a bowl combine the cornflour, salt and pepper and chili.
- Dip the calamari into the egg white mixture and flour in the cornflour mixture until coated.
- Heat the canola oil in a heavy based saucepan until a small piece of bread browns in about 15 seconds.
- Cook the calamari in small batches for 1 to two minutes each batch.
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot with lemon and a fresh garden salad.