Brownies pretty much always get us drooling at SAHM, particularly when they’re these Salted Caramel Brownies. Super decadent and definitely not an everyday treat, these are the thing to make when you really want to make jaws drop!
If you’re looking for a good quality salted caramel sauce, we found a Woolies store label (Gold brand) that is delicious!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Prepare a square baking dish about 20-22cm in size.
- In the microwave, or using a saucepan, melt together the butter, caramel sauce and the chocolate. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Once slightly cooled, stir in the sugar and the eggs. Then mix in the flour and cocoa powder. Fold through the walnut pieces.
- Pour the batter in the baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a skewer inspired in the centre comes out almost clean.
- Let cool completely before topping with more walnuts, caramel sauce and, if your caramel sauce isn’t salted, some sea salt. This also goes great with vanilla ice cream!