Salted Caramel Macadamia Cheesecake is a real crowd pleaser, you will be sure to impress this Christmas whipping it up for dessert.
Let me tell you, this is amazing and the flavours worked so well together – plus we don’t have to feel too guilty about eating cheesecake woohoo!!!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 Packs Plain Biscuits
- 1 Butter (120 Grams) melted
- 1 Cream Cheese (750 Grams) room temperature
- 1 Sour Light Cream (250 Grams)
- 5 Eggs
- 1 Lemon Zest
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2 Cups Macadamia salted
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 1 Butter (20 Grams) And (40 Grams)
- 1 Cream (300 Millilitres)
- 1 Tbsp Cornflour Mixed With 2 Tablespoons Cold Water To Make Paste
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Mix together and press into large spring-form tin. Using a small glass cup push biscuit mix up the sides of spring-form in a circular motion as this will even out the base also.
- Biscuit base should form sides 3/4 the way up the side of tin.
- Chill in refrigerator while preparing cheesecake.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese and sour cream together using electric mixer until smooth and fluffy.
- Add lemon zest and eggs one at time, beating slowly as you add an egg.
- Once all eggs are mixed in beat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Pour into base and bake for 1 hour or until just golden brown and slightly cracked.
- Allow to cool slightly.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- Heat saucepan with 1/2 cup brown sugar and 20 grams butter over low heat in saucepan until melted, add macadamias and increase heat to medium until thick and nuts just begin to brown. This will give macadamias a thick caramel coating and roasted flavor.
- Remove from saucepan and set aside in bowl.
- Now for the caramel sauce, heat remaining 40 grams butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar over low heat until melted.
- Add cream and whisk over medium heat as it starts to bubble add cornflour in a steady stream whisking at the same time to ensure smooth sauce.
- Continue to whisk and allow sauce to thicken without base getting to hot (it will burn). This should take 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place roasted caramel macadamias on the top of cooked cheesecake, spread evenly (you may have to heat them quickly, 30 seconds in microwave if they are stuck together, when cooled).
- Pour over caramel sauce and refrigerate in spring-form tin for 1 hour.
- Remove from spring-form and serve with Strawberries.