San Choi Bow Salad (Family-Sized!)
The San Choi Bow Salad is one of my most favourite. I often prepare a massive bowl for a meal and the whole family enjoys it together! I think it’s all because of the sauce. However, this recipe won’t be as delicious as it is if the ingredients aren’t fresh. I guess everything in this recipe works well and has everything needed for an amazing salad. Flavourful and full of texture! Yummy!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Packet Vermicelli Rice Noodles
- 1 Iceberg Lettuce, Sliced
- 1 tsp Peanut Butter
- 1 Bunch Coriander, Chopped
- 2 Limes
- 1/4 cup Crushed Peanuts
- 1/4 cup Fried Shallots
- 4 Spring Onions, Thinly Sliced
- 1 Packet Bean Shoots
- 2 Cucumbers Sliced With A Vegetable Peeler
- 3 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 3cm Cube Grated Ginger
- 1 Pork Mince 500 grams
- Cook noodles as per packet and then under cold water to rinse then place into a salad bowl.
- Place lettuce, cucumber and spring onion, bean shoots and half or the coriander in a salad bowl with noodles.
- In a fry pan heat the peanut oil and cook the mince, add the garlic and ginger.
- In a small bowl add soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, juice of 1 and 1/2 limes and brown sugar then mix well together well.
- Once mince is cooked add mince to the salad bowl, add the dressing and mix well to combine all of the ingredients.
- Top with the crushed peanuts, fired shallots and left over coriander, lime and chilli.
- Serve Immediately.