San Choy Bow Rolls with Sauce is a beautiful fresh summer dish that is light but very filling.
We also have the traditional San Choy Bow recipe, but this is something a bit different. This is super healthy and if you are vegetarian or vegan, it is so easy to change up the ingredients to suit. The only tricky thing is separating the rice paper rolls when they are wet!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1/2 Kg Mince (pork)
- 1 tbsp Oil (peanut)
- 1 packet San Choy Bou Seasoning (comes in pork mince packet at supermarket or see hints below for homemade substitute)
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coriander finely sliced
- 3 Carrots finely sliced
- 1/2 Wombok finely sliced
- 1 Bean Shoots (150 Grams)
- 1 Rice Paper Rolls
- 2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Coriander chopped
- 3 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Lemon Zest
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
- Heat fry pan, add peanut oil.
- When hot add mince and cook until brown, then, add seasoning and mix well. Add water and allow to simmer for 13 minutes.
- Finely slice the cabbage, wombok, carrots and coriander then set aside in bowls.
- Using a large container place 3 cups of warm to hot water in and have a clean wet tea towel on the bench beside container of water.
- You will now place one rice paper sheet in the water for 20-30 seconds until just bending then remove and place onto wet tea towel. This will make sure the rice paper does not stick to your bench and is easy to roll.
- Lay wet rice paper flat onto wet tea towel and spoon 1 small tablespoon of mince, then each salad, sprinkle with coriander to finish. Ingredients should be placed in the center of the rice paper in a log like shape, about 7 cm long and 3-4cm wide.
- Now fold end closest to you over the top of ingredients and tuck under then fold each side in and roll up, pulling the last piece tight and pressing down to stick.
- Place on serving platter and repeat until all ingredients are finished.
- Mix all ingredients (except for coriander) together and stir with a spoon until sugar is dissolved.
- Finely chop coriander and sprinkle into dipping sauce.