I always thought Koftas to be a little too fancy or too much trouble. I was happily wrong this time, they were fairly simple, super tasty and everyone asked for seconds! So next time I will double the batch I think.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- wooden skewers
- 500 grams Sausage Mince
- 6 grams Prosciutto slice
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs (we used store bought)
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- 1 Onion (Diced) diced
- 2 Garlic (clove)
- 1/2 cup Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 12 Wooden Skewers
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
1. Mix sausage mince, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, garlic, parsley, spices, lemon zest and chilli sauce together in a bowl. Mix until well combined, use your hands then make 12 fat sausage shaped koftas (a small handful for each), set each one aside.
2. Push a skewer from one end of the kofta to the other, lengthways. Cut prosciutto in half length ways so you have 12 long thin pieces. Wrap the prosciutto around each kofta to form a skin.
3. Place koftas under the grill and grill on medium to high for 8-10 minutes each side or until golden brown. You can also cook them on a BBQ over medium heat. Serve with Greek yoghurt, lemon wedges and a green salad. Recipe Hints and Tips:
- Sausage Koftas are suitable for freezing for up to 4 months or kept refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- If you make them half the size they are great for BBQ nibbles.
- Frugal Living
- Frugal Living