I’ve always been partial to Deep Fried Onion Rings…. sure your breath doesn’t smell great after eating them, but there is something about the crispness of the batter together with the sweetness of the onion that is very satisfying. They…
I’ve always been partial to Deep Fried Onion Rings…. sure your breath doesn’t smell great after eating them, but there is something about the crispness of the batter together with the sweetness of the onion that is very satisfying. They make a great accompaniment to a steak burger – or even better, put them ON the steak burger with a bit of chilli sauce! Nom nom nom~
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Cold beer
- Canola oil
- 1 cup Plain Flour sifted
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 330 ml Cold Beer or 1 can
- 2 large Brown Onions peeled and sliced into thick rings
- Canola Oil
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Sift the flour into a bowl with the salt.
- Make a well in the centre and gently pour in the beer.
- Use a whisk to bring the batter together.
- Heat the canola oil until a piece of bread is browned in about 15 seconds.
- Dip the individual onion rings into the batter and carefully slide into the hot oil - only do a few at once.
- Fry them for a few minutes on each side and then drain on absorbent paper.