Simple Savoury Slow Cooker Scones
Why are these simple? Simple Savoury Slow Cooker Scones contain only TWO ingredients – yep – TWO!!!! You can cook these in the oven but I love the delicious aroma of cooking in the slow cooker. These savoury scones are yummy on their own or with butter. But they also make great dumplings for casseroles and soups. You can use any sort of soup you like – tomato soup is really, really nice too – but the cream of chicken is just so delicious!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Can Of Cream Of Chicken Soup
- 2 1/2 cups Self Raising Flour
- Preheat your slow cooker on high for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on the bottom.
- In a large bowl, pour in the cream of chicken soup.
- Add the sifted self raising flour half a cup at a time and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in enough flour to get a firm but not too dry dough.
- Knead gently for a minute or two before using scone cutters (or a floured glass) to cut out scones (my recipes made 7 scones).
- Space the scones out on the baking paper and place the lid on the slow cooker.
- Cook for 1.5 hours on HIGH.