If you’re a meat-loving family, this Slow Cooked Beef And Gravy recipe is going to be right up your alley. It’s a super hearty and filling family recipe that requires minimal work for maximum flavour. What we love about this one is that it’s a great way to get a steak fix when it’s cold out, and we want something a bit warmer in our bellies!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1.3 kg Top Sirloin diced
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Salt And Pepper or to taste
- 2 cups Beef Broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Italian Herbs
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1 Large Onion diced
- 1 Bay Leaf
Optional To Thicken
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a heavy bottom pan heat 2 tbs of the olive oil on a medium high heat. Once hot, add in around half of the beef and half of your desired salt and pepper.
- Cook beef lightly, allowing to sit for a moment, then stirring to ensure the meat is seared but not cooked through. Move from pan to slow cooker with a slotted spoon, then add the rest of the oil and repeat with remaining beef.
- To the slow cooker add the beef broth and the Worcestershire sauce, along with a sprinkling of Italian herbs and thyme. Top with diced onion and garlic, and throw the bay leaf into the pot as well.
- Pop the lid on and cook on low for 6-7 hours, or high for 3-4 hours, until the beef is tender.
- If you want to thicken the gravy up, combine 2 tbs of cornflour with a few tbs of water in a bowl and whisk well. Once combined, add into the slow cooker and stir until the beef sauce is thick. Cook on low in the slow cooker for around 10 minuets more, and then serve.
- We like ours over mashed potatoes or rice, but you can serve this one however you like!