Slow cooker meals are so simple and so delicious for families, and this Slow Cooked Chicken And Chickpea Curry is absolutely no exception. It’s warm and comforting with a nice little kick of spice that you’re just going to love.
For little kids, stirring through some yoghurt to the mixture can dial down the spice. Alternatively choose a very mild curry paste.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Chicken 1000 grams, cuts of your choice, we used legs and bone in thighs
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic minced
- 2 tsp Ginger minced
- 0.3 cup Curry Paste we used korma, reduce for a milder version
- 400 grams Tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock add more for more sauce
- 400 grams Chickpeas
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1/2 cup Coriander roughly chopped
- In a large saucepan heat some oil on a medium heat and cook the chicken, in batches as needed, for a few minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion, garlic and ginger, cooking for several minutes until onion is soft. Add the curry paste and cook for one or two minutes until fragrant.
- Put the chicken back into the same pan along with the diced tomato and the chicken stick and warm through.
- Move this mixture from the pan straight into a large slowcooker. Ours was about 5-litres. Put the lid on and cook on low for 5.5 hours.
- Open the lid and add in the chickpeas and coconut coconut milk, the cook for a further 45 minutes or until everything is heated through.
- Serve with rice and the coriander leaves.