There’s something very comforting about Honey Lemon Sesame Chicken..
..especially when you can just throw it into the slow cooker and have something else do all the work for you! The mix of sweet and sour is delightful, and it’s sure to impress anyone who tries it.
We love to make this on lazy days because while it’s a relatively short slow cooked meal (only 4 hours in the cooker), we found it tastes a lot better if you stir it a few times through the process to spread the delicious sauce around.
When it’s almost time to eat I steam some veggies to go with the chicken – then that’s it!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Chicken Thigh Fillets 900 Grams cubed
- 1 Brown Onion diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2/3 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- 2 tsp Lemon Zest more or less to taste
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder more or less to taste, can also omit
- 1 Bunch Broccoli cut into florets
- 3 tbsp Sesame Seeds to garnish
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- In a large bowl whisk together the honey, soy sauce, tomato sauce, vegetable oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and chilli powder. To this add the diced onion and garlic and stir well.
- Season your chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste, then place them in the slow cooker. Pour over the honey mix and stir to coat. Put the lid on and cook on low for 3.5 hours, stirring halfway.
Add broccoli florets into the slow cooker and mix to combine into sauce. Cook for a further 30 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender to taste.
- Serve warm on a bed of rice garnished with sesame seeds and the sauce.