Looking for a delicious chicken recipe that’s a bit different? Our Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Chicken will tick all the boxes!
Delicious, moist and flavourful – it will be one that that kids will request time and time again.
You can use chicken breast (pictured) or chicken on the bone which is not only cheaper – but chicken when cooked on the bone always has more flavour.
You can choose to use tomato salsa from a jar, or you can try making your own with our quick salsa recipe.
It’s up to you! Either way, it’ll surely be a tasty meal.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Sour Cream (125 Millilitre)
- 1/4 cup Water
- 35 grams Taco Seasoning
- 300 grams Tomato Salsa
- 1 Spanish Onion
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Lemon
- 2 Spring Onions
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Slow Cooker Creamy Salsa Chicken:
- Place chicken, salsa, taco seasoning and water in the slow cooker on high for 4hrs or low for about 6-8 hours.
- Adjust according to the size of chicken breasts.
How to Make the Salsa:
- Basically, it is just putting everything in the food processor. The onions, tomatoes, the spring onions and the avocado.
- After that, you can juice the lemon and add that in.
- Now you are ready to serve the chicken from the slow cooker. Put it on a plate, add some sour cream and pour over the salsa on the chicken with some tomatoes to garnish.