Slow Cooker Devilled Sausages
I haven’t made this recipe in years! So, it was a good to grab out the old Slow Cooker and have this bubbling away in the kitchen all afternoon. It is a really nice way to make something a bit diffrent with sausages. You can use any sort sausages in this recipe- chipolatas are particularly good!
Now, the secret to really good slow cooker sausages is to only cook them over the four hours – they aren’t the sort of food that can really withstand a whole day of cooking without breaking apart and being tasteless.
Make sure you serve this with some cheesy mashed potato and greens. The kids will be lining up for more!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Sausages (beef Or Pork)
- 1 medium Onion, Diced
- 2 tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
- 250 grams Sweet Potatoes
- 2 tsp Fresh Garlic, Crushed
- 1 cup Crushed Tomatoes
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
- Turn your slow cooker onto the LOW setting and start it heating whilst you are getting the ingredients together.
- In a frypan, brown the sausages until they have a lovely golden colour all over.
- Chop the onions and place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the sausages and chopped sweet potato on top of the onion.
- In a jug, mix together the garlic, curry powder, tomatoes and barbecue sauce and whisk until combined. Pour over the top.
- Cook on LOW for four hours, give it a stir after about 2 hours.
- Serve with cheesy mashed potatoes.