Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Prepare slow cooker by spraying with canola spray and place 2 or 3 strips of baking paper in cooker to assist in lifting out the cake and turn cooker on to high.
- Mix the 1/2 cup caster sugar and teaspoon of ground cinnamon together to make cinnamon sugar and set aside.
- Sift flour into a large bowl. Add caster sugar and stir to combine.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Combine milk, egg, butter and vanilla extract or vanilla essence in a jug.
- Pour milk mixture into the well.
- Using a large metal spoon, stir until just combined (don't over-mix)
- Spoon 2/3rd of the mixture into a 3.5ltr slow cooker.
- Gently pour over warmed jam and gently spread,
- Spread remaining batter mixture very gently over the jam.
- Place 2 or 3 folded paper towels around the rim of slow cooker (this stops the condensation from dripping on the cake) and cook for 2 hours on high.
- Let cake sit until just warm then lift out and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.