Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Soup is full of bold Mexican flavours. It is also so easy to make, just throw it all in and watch it cook! This recipe is perfect for crazy busy run-the-kids-everywhere kind of day.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 Chicken Breasts (skin removed)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Brown Onion finely chopped
- 400 grams Kidney Beans (tinned), rinsed and drained
- 400 grams Tomatoes (tinned), diced
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 300 grams Salsa
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 Taco Seasoning 1/4 cup
- 1 small Chopped Avocado, Sour Cream, And Corn Chips to serve
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Add together the chicken, chopped onion, garlic, black beans, diced tomatoes, corn and enchilada sauce (or salsa) into the slow cooker.
- Mix the taco seasoning packet into the chicken stock and pour into the slow cooker.
- Cook for 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low and then remove and shred the chicken.
- Return the shredded chicken to the slow cooker and stir. Then leave for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, chopped avocado and corn chips.