Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff is great for being prepared in the morning and then being left to cook for the day – as it takes 8 hours to cook.
It tastes great and is a good meal to have on a special occasion.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Brown Onion
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Powder
- 2 Brown Onion thinly sliced
- 250 grams Mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1 kg Steak round or gravy
- 300 ml Beef Stock
- 250 ml Sour Cream
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- Cut the beef into thin strips (if the meat has been previously frozen, its easier to do this before it has fully defrosted).
- In a bowl mix together 1/2 cup of the flour, the mustard powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss in the beef strips and bread them evenly.
- Place the coated strips in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Cover the meat with the sliced onion and mushrooms and pour over the beef stock and white wine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Just before serving, combine the remaining flour with the sour cream and stir through the mixture - this will thicken and make the beef lovely and rich.
- Serve the slow cooker beef stroganoff over cooked thick egg pasta noodles or rice.