Slowcooker Rogan Josh Lamb Shanks is a perfect family recipe. Tender, succulent flavourful meat. And the smell while cooking is just heavenly!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander ground
- 1/2 tsp Ginger ground
- 2 Chicken Stock Cubes
- 4 Whole Cardamom Pods broken
- 1 (400g) Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Nutmeg ground, to taste
- 1 Large Brown Onion cut into wedges
- 4 Lamb Shanks
- 1 Large Carrot diced
- 400 grams Whole Small Potatoes washed but not peeled
- 250 grams Button Mushrooms quartered
- Combine the sour cream and the flour together in a small bowl. In a separate small bowl, mix together the cornflour and the water to make a paste.
- Combine the chilli powder, coriander, ginger, stock cubes, cardamom, tomatoes, water and nutmeg in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil.
- Slowly add the cornflour paste to the tomato mixture, stirring constantly; simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and slowly stir in the sour cream and flour mixture.
- Arrange the onions in the base of a slow cooker, top with the shanks and pour over the tomato mixture. Place the carrots, potatoes and mushrooms on top of the sauce.
- Cover and cook in the slow cooker on High for 8 hours.