The Ultimate Southern Style Coleslaw – this recipe makes a crap-load of slaw.
Perfect as a huge side for barbecues – will feed a horde!
For me, what really makes a great slaw, apart from the dressing, of course, is the way the veg is cut. Take your time to prepare the veg and you will notice a world of difference.
Regardless of how you like your slaw and whether or not you slice or dice just promise you’ll slice thinly or dice finely. I promise it will make the world of difference!
If you don’t have one or two of these ingredients on hand don’t worry about it, leave them out. It will still be great.
If you don’t have Sriracha Sauce on hand – we have a great recipe on how to make it yourself at home!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Rocket, roughly chopped
- 1/4 white Cabbage, Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 red Cabbage, Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 Wombok Cabbage, Thinly Sliced
- 2 Carrots, Peeled And Julienned
- 3 Shallots, Peeled And Finely Chopped
- 3 stalks Celery, Washed And Chopped
- 1 handful Fresh Parsley, Roughly Chopped
- 100 grams Rocket, Roughly Chopped
- Juice from Two Limes
- Salt And Pepper To Taste
- 1 cup Good Mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make The Ultimate Southern Style Coleslaw:
- Place the sliced shallots in the lime juice and allow to sit for about 30 minutes to mellow their sharp bite.
- Combine all of the other vegetable ingredients in a large bowl. Add the lime juice and shallots, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Combine the mayonnaise and sriracha in a bowl and mix well. Pour over the vegetables and mix everything together.
- Check for seasoning and add more salt, pepper or lime juice if needed.