Spanish Red Rice is perfectly paired with Mexican food, chicken meat and a lot of meals. It definitely compliments a lot of dishes and makes a flavourful side dish. Healthy and nutritious, too!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cup Shortgrain Rice
- 2 and 1/2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Chunky Salsa
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- In a large, heavy frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in onion.
- Cook and stir for about 5 minutes until it is soft.
- Mix rice into the frying pan.
- Stir it often and when rice begins to brown, add the chicken stock and salsa.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until liquid has been absorbed.
Recipe Hints and Tips:
- Spanish Red Rice recipe can be used with leftovers.