These Spiced Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting are great for dessert.
And this peanut butter and cream cheese frosting is insanely delicious!
You will find yourself using more spoons just so you can lick it!
Depending on how high you pipe your frosting you may have some leftover. If you have leftover frosting you can keep half in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp Clove
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Finely Ground Pepper
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 X 370g Jar Apple Sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp Molasses
- 1 and 1/3 cup Brown Sugar, Tightly Packed
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
Peanut Butter and Cream Cheese Frosting
- 125 grams Butter, Softened To Room Temperature
- 125 grams Cream Cheese, Softened
- 1 Heaped Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- 3 Cups Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Milk
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Pop paper cases in cupcake trays
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add apple sauce, molasses, vegetable oil and sugar to a large bowl and mix together on medium speed for a few minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract and continue mixing for a further 2 minutes.
- Turn the speed down to low and add the flour mix a little at a time.
- Divide the mixture evenly between cupcake trays and bake for about 25 mins or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tins.
- Once completely it's time to ice and decorate! cooled
To make the frosting:
- Place butter and peanut butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat on high speed until pale and creamy.
- Turn the speed down to low and add ¼ of the sugar at a time, beating for about 30 seconds between additions. Beat for 3 - 4 minutes at high speed.
- Turn the speed down again and add vanilla extract and salt. Beat for about a minute.
- Add milk and mix on low speed until combine, turn up the speed and beat for another minute.
- Spread or pipe frosting onto completely cooled cupcakes or cake.