Want a healthy, filling and delicious meal – try our Spring Vegetable Risotto. Don’t be put off by the thought that risotto is hard, stirring is easy. You can make this delicious meal in under 30 minutes from chopping to stirring to the plate!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Corn cobs
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves or 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 7 cups Chicken Stock (you may use vegetable to make it a vegetarian dish)
- 150 Dry White Wine
- 2 Corn Cobs kernels removed
- 1 cup Asparagus roughly chopped
- 1 cup Spring Onions sliced
- 2 small Capsicum red and orange (they are sweeter)
- 100 grams Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup Cheese (Parmesan) grated
- 1 tbsp Butter extra with cheese
- 1 Lemon juiced
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley And Mint chopped
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Heat the stock in saucepan and add all vegetables except onion and garlic. Slowly bring it to the boil.
- In large frypan heat oil and butter over medium heat, add onions and garlic. When onion has softened add rice and turn up the heat. The rice will now start to fry leave this for 1 minute then start stirring with a flat wooden spoon. Add wine and continue to move around frypan until liquid evaporates. This will cook off the harsh alcohol and leave a lovely flavour.
- Keeping the stock drain the vegetables and add with lemon juice to rice, mix through. Now start adding the hot stock with a ladle, one ladle at a time ensuring all stock has soaked in before adding the next ladle. Continue this until all stock is used. This takes about 15 minutes.
- Add the parmesan cheese and extra butter stir through rice, now put a lid on your risotto and let it sit for 3 minutes with the heat turned off. This creates a very creamy texture! Stir through the fresh herbs and serve with asparagus spears (optional) and shaved parmesan to top.