time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 350 grams Plain Flour
- 1 Pinch Of Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Ginger ground
- 100 grams Butter
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup Golden Syrup Or Treacle
Icing and Stained Glass:
- 1 Egg White
- 200 grams Icing Sugar
- 1 Small Lollies boiled, in assorted colours
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees. Line two flat baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, ginger and salt in a bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the brown sugar. Make a well in the centre and add the beaten egg and golden syrup. Use a wooden spoon to combine the mixture well until a soft dough forms. Transfer to a clean bench top with a little flour and knead the dough well until smooth.
- Divide the dough into half and roll out the dough until about 1/2 centimetre thick. Use cookie cutters to cut out the desired shapes, and use mini cutters of the same shape to cut out the middle of the biscuits.
- Use a skewer to make a small hole in the top of the biscuit if you wish to hang it on the tree. Use an egg flipper to transfer the shapes to the baking paper. Crush the boiled lollies one at a time with a rolling pin, and carefully fill the small hole in the biscuit with the crushed lolly.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until the biscuits are light brown and the 'stained glass' has melted and formed and cool on the trays until cold.
- To make the icing, whisk the egg white until it becomes foamy and gradually add in the icing sugar to form a soft icing. Place in a piping set and pipe your design straight onto the biscuit. The icing will take about an hour to set hard.