Steak and Bacon Pie
A homemade Steak and Bacon Pie is the best way to enjoy a pie as it is a healthier, more delicious way to serve up this family favourite.
And the amazing taste of bacon! And it’s a pie! It’s the best.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixed Herbs
- 2 Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 Onion chopped
- 250 grams Mushrooms chopped
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2/3 cup Water
- 300 grams Bacon Rashers chopped
- 300 grams Chuck Steak diced
- Salt And Pepper to taste
- Mixed Herbs pinch
- 1 Egg beaten, for glazing
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a pie tray with 1 sheet of pastry and set the other aside for the top.
- Chop the onion and mushrooms finely and put to one side.
- Cut the bacon into pieces and chop finely.
- Put into a pan with the onion and cook gently until the fat runs from the bacon and the onion is soft and golden.
- Cut the steak into pieces and dice.
- Add to the bacon, mushrooms and onion and stir over low heat for 5 minutes until brown.
- Stir in the flour, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the water, salt, pepper and herbs.
- Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Leave until cool, and then put into the pie shell.
- Cover with the remaining pastry sheet and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake at 180°C for 30 minutes. Serve hot or cold.