Just seeing a photo of this Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream makes me so happy.
I remember the first time I had a taste of it.. this Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream is so bloody delicious!
Of course, this one has cheesecake and ice cream in one phrase and the strawberry just makes it perfect. Together it makes the perfect Christmas dessert!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Cream double
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 250 grams Cream Cheese
- 3 large Egg Yolk
- 200 grams Shortbread Biscuits
- 4 cups Strawberries
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Heat the milk and heavy cream in a small saucepan until it is almost simmering (small bubbles around the edges) - don't let it boil!!
- In another bowl beat the cream cheese, egg yolks and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Very, very gradually and carefully, pour the hot milk into the cheese mixture whilst beating constantly.
- When beaten through - pour the mixture through a fine sieve and set aside.
- Place a metal bowl on top of a saucepan with boiling water (a double boiler) and transfer the custard mixture (what you made above) along with two cups of chopped up strawberries.
- Stir the mixture constantly until it coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Then place the mixture in the fridge overnight.
- Transfer to an ice cream machine if you have one until ready - If you don't have a machine re-beat the mixture until aerated and place in the freezer.
- When nearly set - repeat the beating and re-freeze.
- When the ice-cream is ready, crush the shortbread biscuits and gently fold through the ice cream together with the remaining strawberries.
- Freeze until required.