Super Easy One Bowl Chocolate Cake
Everyone should have a fantastic chocolate cake recipe up their sleeve, and this Super Easy One Bowl Chocolate Cake is one of our favourites. This is probably one of the richest and easiest chocolate cakes to make, which makes it a winner in our books.
Top with cream cheese icing, or pretty much any other kind of icing if you want, or just sift a bit of icing sugar on top.
What makes this recipe for Super Easy One Bowl Chocolate Cake so good is the coffee. It just brings out the chocolate flavour so well. In fact if you ever make a chocolate cake, pop in a teaspoon of instant coffee powder – you will notice a huge difference!
Other fantastic cake recipes we insist you must try include:
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Light brown sugar
- Cocoa powder
- 2 cups Plain Flour, Sifted
- 1 1/2 cups Light Brown Sugar
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 250 ml Coffee cold
- 1 cup Milk
- 100 ml Vegetable Oil
- 1 3/4 tsp Vinegar
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
How to Make Super Easy One Bowl Chocolate Cake:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Grease and lightly flour a circular or rectangular cake tin of your choice. For circular, around 25cm diameter is good, for rectangular 23x33cm.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the eggs, coffee, milk, oil and vinegar. Mix until smooth, and don’t worry if the batter is thin. That’s how it should be.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer test shows it is cooked through.
- Allow cooling before slicing and serving. Decorate as desired.