If you’re looking for simple, you don’t need to go much further than this Super Simple Slow-Cooked Peach Vanilla Cake. It literally has two ingredients, and is the perfect thing to keep in the pantry for a bit of a weekend dessert when you’re in the mood. As it’s cooked in a slow-cooker, you’ll need to prep it a little in advance, but it’s so easy (and so tasty) that it’s definitely worth it!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 Vanilla Cake Mix 300-450g variety
- 425 grams Peach canned, in juice not syrup
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Prepare your slowcooker dish by lining it with baking paper. You can use two layers if your paper tears easily, and it helps to scrunch the paper prior to arranging as it makes it more flexible.
- In a large bowl mix the vanilla cake mix with the tin of peaches, including all of the juice. Stir until it is well combined. You do not need to make the cake mix as per the instructions. Simply pour it into the bowl dry and add peaches.
- Pour the mix into the slowcooker. On top of the slowcooker dish, before you put the lid on, lay a clean tea towel to catch the condensation drips. Put the lid on over the tea towel. Make sure that the tea towel isn't laying on the sides of the slowcooker, but instead is collected on top of the lid.
- Cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, checking the cake by inserting a skewer into the middle. When it's ready, the skewer will be clean.
- Leave the cake to cool for a few minutes in the slowcooker dish. If the cake is firm, and not too heavy (will depend on the size of your slowcooker) you can pick it up out of the dish using the baking paper and lay it on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with cream and ice cream, as per your preference, or eat on its own.