We don’t get to write the words ‘totally guilt free chip’ all that often, but we definitely can when we talk about the Super Simple Sweet Apple Chips.
These are delicious, so crispy, so moreish, and such an easy way to get kids to eat their daily fruit allowance in a sneaky way.
Oh and did we mention they’re so cheap??
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 3 Apples variety of your choice
- 3 tsp Cinnamon more or less, to taste
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat your oven to 100 degrees.
- Slice the apples very thinly, preferably using a mandolin. This is an integral part of the recipe, and if you don't slice the apples thin enough the chips won't turn out. You can also choose to core the apple if you wish, but we did not.
- Prepare two baking sheets, lining them with baking paper and also giving them a very light spray with a neutral oil, or coconut oil for a tropical twist.
- Spread the apples on the baking sheets, making sure they do not overlap or the chips won't dry properly. Sprinkle with cinnamon, to your own taste.
- Pop the apple chips in the oven for one hour, then flip the slices and dry for another hour. Don't serve them hot, they only get chip-like once they cool down. These can be stored in an airtight container, if you have leftovers!