Let me just tell you how I thought of making these Sweet Potato Vegan Wraps.
My husband has a severe reaction to gluten so we have all been eating Gluten Free for quite a while now.
We found these amazing Sweet Potato wraps at Woolworths that are Gluten Free and still taste delicious (and don’t break in half when you fold them like Gluten-Free bread usually does).
The problem is that they cost about $8 for six wraps – that is hell expensive!!!
So even though this isn’t exactly a Sweet Potato wrap as such – it is a sweet potato flavoured wrap – but it is both delicious and awesome! Make sure you allow 2 sweet potatoes per person, they shink in the oven!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Vegan Wraps
Stuff you need from the pantry:
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt And Pepper
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 5cm rounds. They will slightly collapse as they roast.
- Place them in a microwave-safe container, add few tbsp water and a little salt and cook in the microwave for 5 mins.
- Drain well and dry with paper towel.
- Place them on an oven tray lined with baking paper, coat in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 25 mins or until caramelised and browned.
- Lay the sweet potatoes in the middle of a wrap, wrap it up, and go for gold!