Tasty Irish Stew is a yummy filling meal for a family, that won’t break the budget.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Thyme leaves
- In a plastic bag place flour and chops, than shake and make sure lamb is coated well.
- Put 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and onion and thyme. Set aside.
- Add half the lamb, cook for 4 mins.
- Cook in two batches, making sure lamb is brown on all sides, this insures that the lamb is sealed. Put to one side.
- Start layering with the lamb then onion mixture and potatoes repeating layers.
- Pour over the stock and bring it all to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour and 30 mins. You can skim the fat off the top as the cooking process goes along.
- Take the lid off and let it simmer for another 30 mins, until the lamb is nice and tender and the sauce should be a little thicker.