Toffees.. There was a time when these little babies were a staple at school fetes and kids’ birthday parties.
I miss those times.
I had completely forgotten about them until I saw one of the boys at soccer with one. It got me hankering for one so bad, I cooked up a batch as soon as I got home.
Needless to say, my kids love me even more now!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Line 12 muffin tins with small paper cases.
- Place the sugar, vinegar and one cup of water into a heavy based saucepan over low heat.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Increase the heat and boil without stirring for 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture is golden.
- Set aside for one minute or until the bubbles subside.
- Pour the toffee into the paper cases and decorate as desired.
- Stand for 30 minutes at room temperture until set.