Traditional Ginger Crunch Slice
I’m not a fan of Ginger, but I am a huge fan of Traditional Ginger Crunch Slice… It has a caramelly and gooey ginger ‘crunch’ on top and a delicious buttery shortbread style biscuit underneath. The two together are a match made in heaven.
Serve this slice in tiny squares, with a fresh pot of tea.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 125 grams Butter (room Temperature)
- 1/2 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Plain White Flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 150 grams Butter (room Temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups Icing Sugar (sifted)
- 4 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 6 tsp Ground Ginger
Tried Dinnerly instead?
All ingredients supplied, Cook Easy Meals for under $5.95 P/PExclusive SAHM Offer: $60 Off the first 3 meal boxes. Use code: C3MAMI20F at checkout.
Redeem this Offer
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Place the oven tray in the middle of the oven.
- Grease a lamington tray or line well with baking paper.
- Cream the butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the sifted plain flour, baking powder and the ground ginger. Fold until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the bottom of the lamington tin and press the mixture into the corners. Press down until the dough is firm.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the base is golden.
- Place the icing ingredients into a small saucepan and heat until bubbling. Cook for two to three minutes then pour over the biscuit base.
- Allow the slice to cool until room temperature, then place in the fridge for the icing to firm up.
- Cut into squares and serve.