Traditional Steamed Christmas Pudding is the Queen of Christmas Puddings! With this dark, sticky and sweet pudding…you’ll savour every bite!
This Traditional Style Christmas Pudding will take you quite a while to make – but the results will be incredible. This recipe has been in my family for four generations and we have it every single year, no matter how how it is outside! We always have it with piping hot homemade custard, and the kids have it with vanilla ice cream.
Make this recipe a month or two in advance so that the flavours in the pudding have time to ripen!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 5 tbsp Brandy
- 350 grams Raisins
- 150 grams Sultanas
- 150 grams Dates
- 100 grams Glacé Cherries
- 1 small Green Apple peeled and grated
- 170 grams Butter softened
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
- 3/4 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 1 tsp Mixed Spice
More Easy Recipes
Love This Recipe, Grab Jody’s BookALL-NEW RECIPES TO FEED YOUR FAMILY OF FOUR FOR ONLY $50 A WEEK
- Add brandy to dried fruit and apple and set aside to soak well.
- Beat butter and brown sugar, then add eggs one at a time. Beat well and add golden syrup with last egg.
- Sieve dry ingredients into butter mixture then add fruit and mix well. Put into 2 litre pudding basin and steam for two hours.