time neededprep cook
rating (click to rate)
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Custard Powder
- 2 Puff Pastry sheets
- 1/4 cup Custard Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Caster Sugar
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 25 grams Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Icing Sugar
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees.
- Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Place the pastry sheets on the prepared trays and prick all over with a fork.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- To make the custard, blend the custard powder, sugar, milk and cream in a saucepan over medium heat until custard boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Cover the surface of the custard completely with plastic wrap (to stop a skin forming) and cool completely.
- Spread one sheet of the puff pastry evenly with custard. Top with remaining pastry sheet upside down.
- To make the icing, combine the butter and icing sugar in a heatproof bowl.
- Stand the bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until the icing is smooth and glossy.
- Remove from the heat and spread evenly over the pastry sheet.
- Refrigerate for several hours before cutting into squares and serving.