Tropical Trifle Tropical Trifle is a simple take on the standard recipe and Mangoes are now coming into season so whip one into shape!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Double sponge (unfilled)
- 2 Fresh Mangoes
- 1 x Double Sponge (unfilled)
- 2 grams Packets Of Orange And Mango Jelly made as per directions on box and set
- 1 Pineapple Rings (125 Gram Tin)
- 1 Thick Custard (600 Millilitre)
- 1 Dollop Cream (300 Millilitre)
- 1 Thick Cream (500 Millilitre)
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Cut the sponge into 3 cm squares and place half the sponge around bottom of trifle bowl, ensuring all gaps filled.
- Pour half the custard on top the sponge and spread evenly with a spoon.
- Spoon half the jelly in a layer on top of custard.
- Next add 3/4 of the cream, again in an even layer.
- Slice mango either side of seed and cut into squares, do not cut through the skin, now push base of skin to pop the cubes of mango out. Run knife underneath mango flesh to remove skin. Peel the seed and slice mango flesh from around the seed. (this is your cue to suck on the mango seed! Summer heaven). Place a layer of mango on top of the cream (leaving one mango cheek for the top), top mango with remaining custard.
- Drain tinned pineapple, lay pineapple rings in a single layer on top of custard.
- Top with remaining jelly and mango in the center with dollops of cream around the outside to decorate.