Two Ingredient Quinoa Pancakes are so easy and even though they seem too good to be true, they work out remarkably well!
In my house I have two members of the family that aren’t keen on pasta and rice, which makes it really hard to ‘bulk up a meal’. I’ve been experimenting with quinoa (pronounced keen-wah) for quite awhile now and it is a hit in my house. Quinoa has a very nutty ‘brown rice’ type flavour but doesn’t leave you feeling heavy. This recipe was made quite by accident – and I couldn’t believe it worked – my kids love them!
They are very very thin. So place them on a plate and fill them full of your favourite ingredients, then fold over the top – instant lunch!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Add the quinoa flakes to a jug and pour in the water.
- Add the salt if desired. Stir to combine.
- Cover and allow to sit for at least an hour (I left mine overnight - worked great).
- Spray a frypan or sandwich press (sandwich press works really really well) with a little canola oil to prevent sticking.
- Place a large tablespoon of the quinoa mix onto the sandwich press and close fully and cook until golden brown on both sides (takes about 3 minutes).
- Use a non stick egg flip to remove the pancake and serve immediately.