Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes
There’s basically nothing better than waking up in the morning and whipping up a batch of pancakes, particularly if you’re all alone and the pancakes in question are these Vegan Chocolate Chip Pancakes. Sure, we might not be vegan, but with no eggs, milk or butter, these are as healthy as they come.
Of course, if you aren’t interested in making this vegan you don’t need to worry about the chocolate chips. But if you make sure you buy the dairy-free, animal-free ones, which are usually available in the health food section of your local supermarket. Alternatively, you could use carob chips.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 1 Banana ripe, mashed
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Vegan Chocolate Chips
- 1 And 1/2 Cups Oat Flour
- 2 tbsp Peanut Butter or nut butter of your choice
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Warm up a non-stick pan. You want it to be hot enough that it makes a sizzling noise when the batter touches it. Test with a drop of water first if you want. Also, if your pan is not quite non-stick, just add some coconut oil spray.
- Mash the banana and combine in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Stir until the batter is smooth except for the chocolate chips.
- Pour about 1/4 of the mix into the pan, and spread out using a spoon (or use a pancake ring if you’re a perfectionist. Allow to cook until bubbles start to form on the top, then flip the pancake over using your spatula.
- Cook on the other side for a few minutes, then remove from pan and repeat with the rest of your batter.
- Serve up on a plate with your choice of extras, and feel free to down in your choice of vegan chocolate sauce or spread.