Vegan Lentil Bolognaise
Lentil Bolognaise is a frugal and delicious meat free meal great for the whole family and very very good for you! If it is part of a weight-loss program, add loads of spices so that your taste-buds don’t get bored! For the kids, add a bit of curry powder for a bit of a zing without the heat.
If you haven’t cooked with Lentils before, you are in for a treat. They are nutty in flavour, and really absorb whatever they are cooked in. I hide them in just about any casserole or tomato-based sauces I make and the kids don’t know – they just think it is a type of pasta (they kind of look like cous-cous when they are cooked).
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
Nutritional information does not include the following ingredients:
- Tomatoes, diced
- Capsicum (diced)
- Brown onion (diced)
- Potato (diced)
- 1 cup Lentils, Red
- 5 cups Water
- 425 grams Tomatoes, Diced
- 400 grams Tomato Soup
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1/2 cup Celery (diced)
- 1 cup Carrots, Skin On (diced)
- 1 cup Zucchini (diced)
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Capsicum (diced)
- 1 cup Brown Onion (diced)
- 2 cups Potato (diced)
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Cook lentils in water until tender, or drain tinned lentils.
- Fry onion in some spray oil or olive oil until soft. Add in cooked lentils and rest of vegies.
- Stir well, then add tins and seasoning (Add a half teaspoon of cumin, coriander, basil etc to personal taste).
- Cook until heated through and lentils are soft, but not mushy.
- Serve with cooked pasta or shredded cabbage cooked in butter and pepper.