White Chocolate Caramel Pecan Slice….. Oh yeah! You read that correctly – and best bit is, that this is really really simple to make and looks incredibly edible…just sounds hard!
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place pecans in a small food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add to large bowl along with flour, butter, caster sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Mix until well combined.
- Press mixture evenly over base of a lined rectangular slice tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove and allow to cool.
- Make caramel filling by combining condensed milk, butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a medium saucepan on low heat.
- Stir constantly for about 5 minutes or until melted and combined.
- Increase heat to medium and stir constantly for 15-20 minutes until mixture is thick and brown.
- Pour caramel over biscuit base. Tap on bench to remove bubbles.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until firm.
- Melt chocolate and oil together in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Pour over caramel filling and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Cut into pieces.