Fritters are an easy way to keep snacks on hand for everyone in the house, and a batch of these Zesty Feta Cauliflower Fritters will definitely do that job. They’re crunchy, delicious and a very simple way to snack on something healthy…
Fritters are an easy way to keep snacks on hand for everyone in the house, and a batch of these Zesty Feta Cauliflower Fritters will definitely do that job. They’re crunchy, delicious and a very simple way to snack on something healthy when you, or your kids, are looking for something to pad out their bellies.
Another bonus is that these Zesty Feta Cauliflower Fritters have a good serving of vegetables in them, perfect for fussy eaters. They might look like something bad, but they’re really, really good.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- 500 grams Cauliflower Florets
- 150 grams Feta of your choice
- 0.3 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Fresh Dill or more to taste
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
Looking to lose Weight?
Join the new Weight Watchers Reimagined.GET 50% OFF THE FIRST 3 MONTHS ON SELECT PLANS.
Check It Out >
- Steam cauliflower in a steamer for about 5-7 minutes or until it is tender.
- Cool under water, then drain and pop cauliflower into the food processor. Process until well chopped, then put in a bowl.
- To this bowl add the feta, dill, breadcrumbs, flour and egg. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Using your hands (make sure they're clean) knead the mixture until well combined.
- Shape the fritters using about 1/4 cup of mixture each time. Make sure you make the patties firm, and not too thin. Lay them on a tray lined with baking paper. Place in freezer for about 30 minutes, or until they are stiff.
- Fry the fritters in batches, depending on the size of your pan. Generally 2-3 minutes on each side is enough, but it will depend on how thick your fritters are. When cooked the fritters should be golden. Transfer to a wire rack over a tray to drip of excess oil
- Serve topped with extra dill or yoghurt sauce.