Cookie Mix in a Jar
Cookie Mix in a Jar is a great gift for the avid baker! Just attach a little tag with string on how to finish them off – best of all – it’s cheap to make! Start stashing your jars now!
It’s the perfect gift for teachers, workmates, friends and food lovers.
Please Note Nutritional information is provided as a guide only and may not be accurate.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt into a bowl.
- Mix well with a whisk and spoon mixture into a 650ml capacity jar.
- Carefully spoon on top the brown sugar, then the caster sugar, then the oats - lastly the chocolate chips/sultanas.
- Seal the jar and decorate as desired.
To make the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Empty the jar into a bowl and stir in the butter, egg and vanilla.
- Stir until combined - make tablespoon sized balls and place on the baking trays.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.