I adore Christmas, but don’t particularly like putting up the Christmas decorations – or taking them down for that matter!
It is fiddly and time-consuming. But if you adore doing this kind of job, and can create the perfect Christmas Tree, why not work during the holidays doing this kind of work. A Seasonal Holiday Decorator is perfect for the Mum who is looking for extra money for the holidays but doesn’t want the commitment of full-time work during the year.
When you think about it, it isn’t just households that put up Christmas Decorations, approach local commercial businesses and shopping centres to see if you can tender for their holiday work.
You can also have a ‘Take Down’ service after Christmas (for an additional cost – of course!). Because we all know how hard it is to put away those darn Christmas Lights!
Work as a Seasonal Holiday Decorator isn’t just limited to Christmas. Other ideas include:
- Kids Birthday Party Decorators
- Making the Home Suitable for Sale (House Styler)
- Commercial functions like balls or dances
- Wedding Stylist
- Put together Party Bags for Birthday Parties
How Much Should You Charge to be a Seasonal Holiday Decorator?
It would really depend on how long it takes, and what level of attention to detail your clients are looking for. I would suggest that you have a few different ‘levels’. Bronze, Silver and Gold. You would have to charge at least $100 for a basic seasonal decoration of a living area, and pricing should go from there.
If you are expected to find and purchase specific seasonal decorations, charge an hourly rate for your time and research.
How to Advertise for Clients for Seasonal Holiday Decorator:
- Advertise on Local Facebook Business Pages in your area, showing them images of your work
- Ask one of your more ‘high-profile’ clients to share it with their friends and family
- Approach your local home decor stores and ask if you can leave a leaflet at their counter!
- Start a beautiful Instagram account showing all of your work.
Some clients might even get you to purchase the Christmas Decorations for the job! Grab them wholesale from the following retailers:
Additional Seasonal Holiday Money Making Ideas
You could also offer your services to:
- Gift Wrap all of the Christmas Presents
- Make unique Christmas Wreaths and sell them to local boutiques
- Sell unique homemade Christmas Decorations
- Prepare for Christmas Parties by setting up a location and decorating it accordingly
- Christmas gift shopping for those who don’t have the time to shop
Join our Community!
We have a secret Facebook Group called ‘Earn at Home Mum’ where we share more of our Small Business Secrets. It’s FREE to join! Come over and say hello and find a mentor in your area!