In order to Rank#1 On Google you first need to have a basic understanding of how this ranking system works. Having a clear picture of the ranking system in your mind and knowing what Google wants from you is the prerequisite to having a higher ranking.
There are a few basic tips that you can begin with for starters.
How are websites ranked on Google Search by customers?
Accuracy or Relevancy is the prerequisite to being a part of the ranking system. In order to understand how the ranking system works on Google, let’s take an example. Let’s presume that a user or a customer types a question “What is the capital of Australia?” on Google search engine.
A search process goes on. Take for example three websites; Web-A, Web-B and Web-C.
1. Web-A: does not have any information.
2. Web-B: Does have the letter Australia in it but not the answer to the question.
3. Web-C: has the correct answer and information- Canberra
Out of all three websites, Web-C has the most relevant and credible answer for this query and hence it is more likely to show up in search results.
Site speed is another essential element for a good Google Ranking. A slow site will definitely lose customers. Users tend to be impatient and would certainly shift to another site that loads faster rather than sticking to a site that loads rather slowly.
Even if you are a giant website with the most relevant information, the search ranking will punish you if your site is slow.
Therefore the tip is to run your own site speed test in order to move up in the Google ranking system.
One of the quick tips is to find out what people are searching for and what is their interest. Using that you can bring out the required information or queries to your website. However, even the high-quality content, information and updates need to be ingrained with Keywords.
Keywords elevate ranking on both commercial and informational levels. The reason is that users are more likely to get search results using keywords rather than complete topics or questions. Relevant use of keywords can definitely boost your ranking.
By following these principles objectively, they sustain the position of the website within Google rankings.
- Patience: Be patient and think legitimately over the fact that Google is providing billions of impressions on a daily basis. Moreover there are thousands of organizations within the industry. Every one of these organizations wants to be on the top so you may need a lot of patience.
- Uniqueness: Google may be a machine but it is exceptionally smart, it can recognize how exceptionally unique your work is and how web crawlers fill it in. Therefore it is necessary that you provide work that is unique and not copied in.
- Competitiveness: Getting a ranking on Google is harder than Bing and Yippee. This is due to the fact that Google is one of the largest search engines in the world. This is also why the competition to be on top ranking is very hard. Maintaining competitiveness is important to staying on Google ranking.
- Maintenance: Understand that all aspects contribute to your site ranking; including your site speed, its content, and its maintenance. Maintenance and site stability is the key to retaining your position on Google ranking.
Google is quite an advanced platform and the websites or web-based businesses are becoming more and more competent per day.
This is truly making the search engine optimization quite challenging. To maintain your Google ranking you need to consider a lot of factors like site speed, content and maintenance; only then you will be able to get a higher ranking on Google.